POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Divide by zero errors Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:32:27 EDT (-0400)
  Divide by zero errors (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: povray org admin team
Subject: Divide by zero errors
Date: 13 Aug 1998 12:59:45
Message: <35d30c1b.163860188@news.povray.org>
There have been a rash of reports of 'Edit: Divide By Zero Errors' from users
with POVWIN 3.1 beta 5. The strange thing about this is that it also seems to
affect older versions of POVWIN (e.g. 3.02), even though the two versions share
no code or DLL's etc. This editor code has been in use for more than two years
and has not had any major stability problems on Windows 95 or NT before now.

One user has reported that the problem seemed to relate to font settings. We
tend to think that this is a very strong possibility - the two versions DO
share a font.

If anyone is getting this (especially if it persists after a reboot), please
check the validity of the font 'BorTE' on your system. It should have been
installed by the setup program. Even if it looks OK, try temporarily deleting
it (take a backup first). Then run POVWIN again, and see if it makes any
difference.

Post a reply to this message

I don't know about everyone else, but when my installer went to install
the BorTE font on two separate computers, it said the font was in use
and couldn't be installed... I chose ignore...

Stephen Lavedas