POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : bending an object? (text around a cylinder) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:31:02 EDT (-0400)
  bending an object? (text around a cylinder) (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Laszlo Vecsey
Subject: bending an object? (text around a cylinder)
Date: 5 Aug 1998 13:46:50
Message: <35c88c7a.0@news.povray.org>
Is there a way to bend an object? I'd like to get some text wrapped nicely
around a cylinder. Prefer to use an actual text object instead of a
texture with a bump map, for more realism.

- lv

Post a reply to this message

He has one .inc file called object bender that might do the trick.
Combine that with pov's built-in support for ttf font's and I think
it's possible.

K.Tyler