POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Parallel Light/Depth Cueing Server Time
13 Aug 2024 13:22:26 EDT (-0400)
  Parallel Light/Depth Cueing (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: islam
Subject: Parallel Light/Depth Cueing
Date: 10 Sep 1998 12:08:08
Message: <35F7EBB3.167E@icrf.icnet.uk>
Is there a way to produce a parallel light source ?

The reason for this is that I want to depth-cue my
object using the fade_distance & fade_power keywords.
But also, I would like the maximum attenuation to be
of a fixed value (say 0.2) for the most distant object
(which may vary in size). I can easily calculate the
appropriate light position & fade_distance values for
an scene of a given size - however as the basic point
light source get close to the object I get unwanted
lighting effects, due to the close proximity.

In short, I would like my light, close to the object,
to still behave as a distant light

any ideas please - Thanks
Suhail A Islam
Biomolecular Modelling Laboratory
Imperial Cancer Research Fund, P.O. Box 123
44 Lincoln's Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PX
Tel: (0171) 269 3380
Fax: (0171) 269 3258
email: isl### [at] icrficnetuk
http://www.icnet.uk/bmm/

: Is there a way to produce a parallel light source ?

  No.

: The reason for this is that I want to depth-cue my
: object using the fade_distance & fade_power keywords.

  You may want to try a gradient pigment instead.

--
                                                           - Warp. -