POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: povwin beta 6 does not work properly on my system Server Time
13 Aug 2024 15:28:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povwin beta 6 does not work properly on my system (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Vahur Krouverk
Subject: Re: povwin beta 6 does not work properly on my system
Date: 28 Aug 1998 13:10:40
Message: <35E6D6A9.E55EB03D@fv.aetec.ee>
Philippe Debar wrote:

> Well, that's not important: file/open CRASH... ? ... drats
>
> It happens.
> Launch POV - hey the toolbar is grayed-out ?
> file/ope...?? what's this ? I only got file/exit.
>
> Well - I was warned, so exit, regedit: blast HKEY (...) POV-Edit
> Reload povwin... same: can't open no file.

Was there really need to reinstall PovRay or tinkle with registry? Did
You tried to set option "Use editor"? It's under "Options/Other
settings". Other possibility was to edit main menu of PovRay.
If editor use is disabled, then there is indeed only exit option under
file menu.
Hope this helps, beta 6 is worth of trying (only editor is worth of it).