POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : File Missing in galaxy.pov Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:27:57 EDT (-0400)
  File Missing in galaxy.pov (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Felix Pertriconi
Subject: File Missing in galaxy.pov
Date: 5 Aug 1998 16:48:01
Message: <35C8B696.52D9C201@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
Hallo,

after downloading the new 3.1 I tryed the galaxy.pov and there is one
file
missing: spiral.df3.

I hope someone who creates the Win Distribution will include it in the
future.
If not, then please remove it.

I just write it for Your information.

Have a great time,

Felix

Post a reply to this message

From: PoD
Subject: Re: File Missing in galaxy.pov
Date: 5 Aug 1998 18:23:56
Message: <35C8CD6C.FE7@merlin.net.au>
Felix Pertriconi wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> after downloading the new 3.1 I tryed the galaxy.pov and there is one
> file
> missing: spiral.df3.
>
> I hope someone who creates the Win Distribution will include it in the
> future.
> If not, then please remove it.
>
> I just write it for Your information.
>
> Have a great time,
>
> Felix

The file is not missing, it's in the include directory. Currently POV
doesn't seem to search the library paths to find density files, you will
have to edit the .pov file to tell it the full path to the .df3 file.

Cheers, PoD.