POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : galaxy include problem Server Time
14 Aug 2024 05:19:52 EDT (-0400)
  galaxy include problem (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Dr  Stefan Skalla
Subject: galaxy include problem
Date: 2 Apr 1998 05:28:25
Message: <35236845.163AB28D@ize.f.eunet.de>
Problem: When I try to render an image which includes the
galaxy.bg-sky_sphere with the anti-alias option then POV-Ray erases all
the wonderful star-pixels in the sky.

Does anybody know a trick to rescue the stars while using the
anti-alias-feature?
(I don't want to replace the stars by the starfields of galaxy.sf!)

Thanks,
Stefan.

Post a reply to this message

Try scaling the sphere's texture (is that how the include file works? I
can't remember).  That should eliminate the problem.

--
Lance Birch
Remove the smiley to e-mail.

Post a reply to this message

> Problem: When I try to render an image which includes the
> galaxy.bg-sky_sphere with the anti-alias option then POV-Ray erases all
> the wonderful star-pixels in the sky.
>
> Does anybody know a trick to rescue the stars while using the
> anti-alias-feature?
> (I don't want to replace the stars by the starfields of galaxy.sf!)
>
> Thanks,
> Stefan.

Maybe you could try modifying a copy of the galaxy.bg file and
multiplying the pigment values of the star layer.

Hope this works :\
Cheers, PoD.

Post a reply to this message

>Problem: When I try to render an image which includes the
>galaxy.bg-sky_sphere with the anti-alias option then POV-Ray erases all
>the wonderful star-pixels in the sky.
>
>Does anybody know a trick to rescue the stars while using the
>anti-alias-feature?
>(I don't want to replace the stars by the starfields of galaxy.sf!)

Try setting the "ambient" value in the finish section to a larger value than
1.0, perhaps as large as 10.  This will force the white dots to overwhelm
the black surrounding area when averaged.  (PoV doesn't impose any limits on
this value, as far as I know.)