POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : CMPEG notes. Server Time
14 Aug 2024 05:21:00 EDT (-0400)
  CMPEG notes. (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Aaron Cann
Subject: CMPEG notes.
Date: 25 Mar 1998 23:39:12
Message: <3519DBEF.98EFC434@doc.mssm.edu>
This program does a great job of making Xing compatible MPEG files from
POV TGA's.
In fact, I found it works even better than Xing's own encoder (!) using
the Xing player.

Amazingly, it's 6 years old and all of 32K....

Downsides:
1) Stupid 16 bit restrictions mean it can't do anything over 500x300 or
so.
2) With rate control on, files play at 10 fps (Xing claims 30; also
claims 3x correct number of frames in the
file).

Does anyone know where I could get an updated version or the source code
to do a recompile?  A simple
recomplie on a modern compiler should fix #1....

Thanks.