POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Download J-Ray Server Time
14 Aug 2024 05:19:14 EDT (-0400)
  Download J-Ray (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Edon
Subject: Download J-Ray
Date: 25 Mar 1998 11:40:28
Message: <3519337A.209B@10mb.com>
http://www.sucs.swan.ac.uk/~edon/JRay/

I am developing an interface for the POV-Ray program. And I am looking
for feed-back. As yet fairly comprehensive scenes can be created with a
fair amount of ease. Although only the basic primitives have been
catered for as yet. I would like as many people as possible to try the
system out so I would know how to develop it more.

It is designed to work across an Intranet or the Internet, Where fast
POV-Ray servers are placed across that Intranet, when designing a world
the user would send the picture across the network to this Fast Server
for rendering. However as yet I have not got a fast Server, so the
program cannot ray-trace... however if anyone has an extremely fast
computer that they don't mind me installing the server software on then
I will do so... :o)...

The program is written entirely in Java... so should (in theory) run on
any computer...

The program can be downloaded from...

http://www.sucs.swan.ac.uk/~edon/JRay/

cheers

Ben

Post a reply to this message

In article <351### [at] 10mbcom>, edo### [at] 10mbcom wrote:

> http://www.sucs.swan.ac.uk/~edon/JRay/
>
> I am developing an interface for the POV-Ray program. And I am looking
> for feed-back. As yet fairly comprehensive scenes can be created with a
> fair amount of ease. Although only the basic primitives have been
> catered for as yet. I would like as many people as possible to try the
> system out so I would know how to develop it more.
>
> It is designed to work across an Intranet or the Internet, Where fast
> POV-Ray servers are placed across that Intranet, when designing a world
> the user would send the picture across the network to this Fast Server
> for rendering. However as yet I have not got a fast Server, so the
> program cannot ray-trace... however if anyone has an extremely fast
> computer that they don't mind me installing the server software on then
> I will do so... :o)...
>
> The program is written entirely in Java... so should (in theory) run on
> any computer...
>
> The program can be downloaded from...
>
> http://www.sucs.swan.ac.uk/~edon/JRay/
>
> cheers
>
> Ben

Servers sounds like a very good idea to me!

ll

Post a reply to this message