POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Term Paper Server Time
14 Aug 2024 07:14:47 EDT (-0400)
  Term Paper (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Ric Mitchell
Subject: Term Paper
Date: 7 Feb 1998 07:14:06
Message: <34DC500E.3160CA57@wizard.net>
I am writing a term paper on POV-RAY and ray tracing in general.  In my
research I have come accross the terms "backward", "forward" and
"hybird", as the methods of creating the algorithm to simulate the light
waves.  I was wondering which method POV-RAY uses?

Can anyone point me in the direction of where I can get information
specifically about POV-RAY and raytracing in general (history, the
original software, the original purpose, etc).

Thanks in advance,
Ric

Post a reply to this message

> Can anyone point me in the direction of where I can get information
> specifically about POV-RAY and raytracing in general (history, the
> original software, the original purpose, etc).

Go to http://altavista.digital.com/ and search for +raytracing +history
+pov.  I got 1445 hits when I did.

--
Questions?  Comments?