POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Anyone having problems with 3.1g & Win 2000 Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:14:54 EDT (-0400)
  Anyone having problems with 3.1g & Win 2000 (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: nobody
Subject: Anyone having problems with 3.1g & Win 2000
Date: 24 Feb 2001 19:40:06
Message: <20lg9t0frf8rc9p1p06hpsli33olnaje56@4ax.com>
All,

3.1g used to work on my machine with 98 but under 2000 it bluescreens
my machine when I render "larger" images.  It crashes the machine
about half way through the rendering.

Anyone seen these symptoms?

TIA,

Post a reply to this message

From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: Anyone having problems with 3.1g & Win 2000
Date: 24 Feb 2001 22:43:33
Message: <3a987f65@news.povray.org>
In article <20lg9t0frf8rc9p1p06hpsli33olnaje56@4ax.com> ,
nob### [at] yahoocom  wrote:

> 3.1g used to work on my machine with 98 but under 2000 it bluescreens
> my machine when I render "larger" images.  It crashes the machine
> about half way through the rendering.
>
> Anyone seen these symptoms?

If your system crashes you most likely have a defective installation of
Windows 2000.  If reinstalling alone does not help, updating your
drivers might help.  The fact that only (?) POV-Ray crashes your system
is just coincidence - in general if your system crashes this is an
indication of a system malfunction, not a problem with the program that
was running when the system crash occurred (there are exceptions to
this, of course).

You can be sure that if there were general problems/crashes running
POV-Ray under Windows 2000, there would be a lot of complaints here
already :-)

     Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

I've had no trouble with images up to 1200 x 800. How large are your files?
Can't image it is Win 2000 by itself..

d..

<nob### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> All,
>
> 3.1g used to work on my machine with 98 but under 2000 it bluescreens
> my machine when I render "larger" images.  It crashes the machine
> about half way through the rendering.
>
> Anyone seen these symptoms?
>
> TIA,

Post a reply to this message