POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The best PovComp image sucks... Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:12:04 EDT (-0400)
  The best PovComp image sucks... (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Rafal Maj Raf256
Subject: The best PovComp image sucks...
Date: 11 Mar 2005 17:27:49
Message: <2029905.hPIANG34Rp@raf256com>
The best PovComp image sucks...
...a bit, because it hase way to low gamma/brighntess/contrast, therefore on
common monitor everything besides water, fish and ship-wreck looks just
like a black spot.

Only after turning up the gamma, it becomes visible that the ocean floor has
interesting geometry... perhaps author of image and/or PovComp team should
apply this adjustments to picture - it would be much more impressive
then... :)

(Btw, all my friends to with I show images from PovComp agreed that the most
beautifull is  'Victoria's World' by Douglas Eichenberg and
http://www.povcomp.com/entries/124.php - with got 4th place...)

--
Rafal Maj Raf256

Post a reply to this message

> ...a bit, because it hase way to low gamma/brighntess/contrast, therefore on
> common monitor everything besides water, fish and ship-wreck looks just
> like a black spot.
>
> Only after turning up the gamma, it becomes visible that the ocean floor has
> interesting geometry... perhaps author of image and/or PovComp team should
> apply this adjustments to picture - it would be much more impressive
> then... :)
>
> (Btw, all my friends to with I show images from PovComp agreed that the most
> beautifull is  'Victoria's World' by Douglas Eichenberg and
> http://www.povcomp.com/entries/124.php - with got 4th place...)

Massey Ferguson's suck.  No torque.

Post a reply to this message