POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problem with small white dots Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:22:33 EDT (-0400)
  Problem with small white dots (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Robert Rehammar
Subject: Problem with small white dots
Date: 6 Aug 2008 10:39:40
Message: <1218033579.8304.14.camel@ravn-laptop>
Dear povray users,

I am fairly new to povray and am now working on a picture to illustrate
my scientific work. In this I have a block which I want to display as
transparent (it's a dielectric waveguide). Then I have a sphere_sweep
that sweeps a sin-curve to look as a ave traveling in the waveguide.
However when rendering this I get white dots of the boundary of the
sphere_sweep in the transparent block. Anyone have any ideas of how I
solve this?

The code for this can be found on: http://pastebin.com/f7b651d75 where
four files are pasted: render.pov, the main file; cnf.inc wich is not
part of my problem now; substrate.inc, which contains the substrate and
wave.inc which contains the objects waveN (N = 1, 2, 3...), which are
generated with GNU octave (a tool similar to Matlab), and are the sphere
sweeps. The transparent blocks are defined in render.pov and are found
on line 86 and 97 on pastebin.com.

Many thanks for any ideas!

Regards,
Robert Rehammar