POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Transparency bug in POV 3.1? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:23:02 EDT (-0400)
  Transparency bug in POV 3.1? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Andrew Clinton
Subject: Transparency bug in POV 3.1?
Date: 14 Aug 1998 15:41:46
Message: <01bdc7b3$4f05de60$89c3f5cf@workstn2.uact.net>
I've just downloaded pov 3.1 and got possibly a little too excited about
the new media feature.  I thought that it would be possible (using a scaled
sphere and interior) to produce wispy bozo clouds in 3d.  The problem is
that when I enter a transparency value in the density color_map the
renderer completely ignores it and uses only the red green and blue values.
 Am I doing something wrong or is there a way around this problem?

Andrew Clinton
The POV Place - http://www3.sympatico.ca/dclinton/pov/povplace.htm

Post a reply to this message

It's in the documentation.   It's the way it's supposed to
behave -- it isn't of the same form as halos.

Dan

--
http://www.flash.net/~djconnel/

Post a reply to this message