POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Shading problem with conic_sweep prisms Server Time
14 Aug 2024 01:24:30 EDT (-0400)
  Shading problem with conic_sweep prisms (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Matthew Bennett
Subject: Shading problem with conic_sweep prisms
Date: 18 May 1998 14:54:02
Message: <01bd828e$48b60fe0$e53b63c3@mrbcomp>
If a conic sweep is rendered with two points appearing fairly close
together, then the area between these points is shaded very strangely -
often just in the texture's ambient colour. This happens where ever the
light and whatever the texture.  I think I've seen some posts on this
problem/bug before, and I just wondered if anyone had any other info on
it.... is this a bug or is there a simple setting that can be changed etc.
?

Try it out yourself.. (if you're using moray just create a taper sweep with
two or more points close to each other in the edit window - make sure
"smoothing" is ticked in the export options, or it'll just be exported as a
raw instead of a prism (and the problem cannot be seen)).

Matt

--
Computers do what you *tell* them to do, not what you *want* them to do.