POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : default texture Server Time
28 Mar 2024 15:36:48 EDT (-0400)
  default texture (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Lloyd Lee-Lim
Subject: default texture
Date: 27 Feb 2006 13:15:00
Message: <web.440340e8593df0bd652bc250@news.povray.org>
Section 2.2.2.4 The #default Directive says at the very bottom:

"The original POV-Ray defaults for all items are given throughout the
documentation under each appropriate section."

However, when I look at Sections 2.5 Textures, 2.5.1 Pigment, 2.5.2 Normal,
and 2.5.3 Finish, I cannot find the POV-Ray defaults.  The documentation
repeatedly mentions the default pigment, normal, and finish, but never says
exactly what they are.

Lloyd Lee-Lim

Post a reply to this message

"Lloyd Lee-Lim" <ltleelim+pov### [at] maillimunltdcom> wrote:
> Section 2.2.2.4 The #default Directive says at the very bottom:
>
> "The original POV-Ray defaults for all items are given throughout the
> documentation under each appropriate section."
>
> However, when I look at Sections 2.5 Textures, 2.5.1 Pigment, 2.5.2 Normal,
> and 2.5.3 Finish, I cannot find the POV-Ray defaults.  The documentation
> repeatedly mentions the default pigment, normal, and finish, but never says
> exactly what they are.
>
> Lloyd Lee-Lim

The default pigment is black, the default normal is no normal but i can't
find that in the docs right now either. for the finish items you will find
the default values in 3.5.3 Finish or rather in the subentry of
the appropriate finish items.

Regards Roman

Post a reply to this message