POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Not a v3.8 feature Server Time
28 Mar 2024 13:55:54 EDT (-0400)
  Not a v3.8 feature (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: clipka
Subject: Not a v3.8 feature
Date: 1 Jul 2021 15:26:23
Message: <60de16df$1@news.povray.org>
In the section on new v3.8 features, the docs on the Wiki claim that:

     Identifiers are no longer limited to just 40 characters in length

In a sense, that is totally true: In v3.8, identifiers are not limited
to just 40 characters in length.

However, the 40 character limit for identifiers had already been dropped
much earlier, at least before v3.6.2. Somehow it had just stayed in the
docs in a few places, up to (and including) v3.7.

Post a reply to this message

> In the section on new v3.8 features, the docs on the Wiki claim that:
>
>      Identifiers are no longer limited to just 40 characters in length
>

> In a sense, that is totally true: In v3.8, identifiers are not limited
> to just 40 characters in length.
>
> However, the 40 character limit for identifiers had already been dropped
> much earlier, at least before v3.6.2. Somehow it had just stayed in the
> docs in a few places, up to (and including) v3.7.

Hi,
duly noted and corrected in the eight or so places that came up from the wiki
search. let me know if the specific one you saw it In has not been amended yet.

Post a reply to this message