POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Is an update due Server Time
19 Mar 2024 05:22:59 EDT (-0400)
  Is an update due (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: William F Pokorny
Subject: Is an update due
Date: 7 Feb 2018 20:05:49
Message: <5a7ba26d$1@news.povray.org>
There was recently a discussion thread related to #version at:

http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3C5a7b670c%241%40news.povray.org%3E/

It got me wondering whether our documentation at:

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Scene_Parsing_Options#Language_Version

should be revised a bit?

1) I see an odd line break when viewing in firefox.

off expression parsing as well as many warning messages so that nearly
all 1.0 files will still <--- LINE OR PARAGRAPH BREAK HERE.
work. Naturally the default setting for this option is the current
version number.

2) The note at the end should perhaps itself end with:

Nevertheless, we strongly recommend you update scenes to at least
POV-Ray 3.7 syntax, if you plan to use them in future versions of POV-Ray.

Aside: Our shipped .inc and .pov files as of the release/3.8 branch set
one .inc at 3.1 and otherwise use a mix of 3.5 through 3.8.

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message