POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : github #304. Inconsistent camera documentation given camera right vec 1.33 default. Server Time
19 Mar 2024 07:02:21 EDT (-0400)
  github #304. Inconsistent camera documentation given camera right vec 1.33 default. (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: William F Pokorny
Subject: github #304. Inconsistent camera documentation given camera right vec 1.33 default.
Date: 6 Jul 2017 12:31:16
Message: <595e65d4$1@news.povray.org>
Please see github issue:

https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/issues/304

Poster has a point about the documentation inconsistency I think.

Anyone know why the right vector perspective camera default is set to a
hard coded 1.33 and not 4.0/3.0? Compatibility with old TV standards or
something?

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message

Am 06.07.2017 um 18:31 schrieb William F Pokorny:

> Anyone know why the right vector perspective camera default is set to a
> hard coded 1.33 and not 4.0/3.0? Compatibility with old TV standards or
> something?

My guess is that it simply was deemed precise enough back in the Amiga
days (320/1.33 = 240 plus change).

The quest for backward compatibility presumably did the rest.

Post a reply to this message