POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Searching the Help file. Server Time
28 Mar 2024 19:58:30 EDT (-0400)
  Searching the Help file. (Message 11 to 20 of 30)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: Searching the Help file.
Date: 3 Feb 2016 20:48:53
Message: <56b2ae05$1@news.povray.org>
Am 04.02.2016 um 02:17 schrieb Mike Horvath:

> If I have the time I may look at the docs and see why the indices are
> all messed up. It should be a simple but maybe tedious task, since I've
> worked on HTML Help documents in the past.

If you do, don't forget that the docs are auto-generated from the Wiki
content.

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Horvath
Date: 8 Feb 2016 07:15:51
Message: <56b886f7$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/3/2016 8:48 PM, clipka wrote:
> Am 04.02.2016 um 02:17 schrieb Mike Horvath:
>
>> If I have the time I may look at the docs and see why the indices are
>> all messed up. It should be a simple but maybe tedious task, since I've
>> worked on HTML Help documents in the past.
>
> If you do, don't forget that the docs are auto-generated from the Wiki
> content.

Where in the wiki are the indices stored?

Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 8 Feb 2016 09:32:13
Message: <56b8a6ed$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/3/2016 8:17 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> On 2/3/2016 8:16 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:

>>> If you have a few hours available to invest into scrolling through that
>>> page... Beter use the Page Up and page Down keys to navigate here.
>>
>> I think I've also noticed the page not loading 100% before the program
>> tries to resolve a link or index. I.e. the navigation falls short of the
>> target anchor because the page hasn't fully loaded yet. Which shouldn't
>> happen in document stored on the local hard drive.
>>

>> Mike
>
> If I have the time I may look at the docs and see why the indices are
> all messed up. It should be a simple but maybe tedious task, since I've
> worked on HTML Help documents in the past.

the reason that (for windows help) the indices are messed up has nothing
to do with the wiki files or the code written to pull the docs from the
wiki ... it's the post processing that formats it into a windows help
file. the former i have control over, the later i do not

> Mike

Post a reply to this message