POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Grammar in 3.5.11.2 Average Server Time
18 Apr 2024 14:42:45 EDT (-0400)
  Grammar in 3.5.11.2 Average (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: SharkD
Subject: Grammar in 3.5.11.2 Average
Date: 10 Sep 2009 04:15:49
Message: <4aa8b5b5$1@news.povray.org>
The docs say:

"The weight values are multiplied by the resulting color. It is then
divided by the total of the weights which, in this example is 3.5."

I *think* this should be reworded to:

"The weight values are multiplied by the resulting color. They are then
divided by the total of the weights which, in this example is 3.5."

-Mike

Post a reply to this message

"SharkD" <mik### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
> The docs say:
>
> "The weight values are multiplied by the resulting color. It is then
> divided by the total of the weights which, in this example is 3.5."
>
> I *think* this should be reworded to:
>
> "The weight values are multiplied by the resulting color. They are then
> divided by the total of the weights which, in this example is 3.5."

OK ... it's been changed
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Reference_Section_5.3#Average

I also added a trailing note at the end of passage about sunpos.inc
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Reference_Section_7.5#sunpos.inc

BTW: I'd probably see stuff sooner over on the Wiki than here, but this
works also.

Thanks
Jim