POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Re: Competition status Server Time
16 Apr 2024 00:12:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Competition status (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: j
Subject: Re: Competition status
Date: 24 Oct 2004 11:55:00
Message: <web.417bcf7bb45fa19ea4b29dd90@news.povray.org>
I see it's a good thing that I can reconstruct my image, and hopefully more
people will participate because of this.  When is POVCOMP making the
official announcement? I would like to get started with it as soon as
possible since I will be stuck with work, a rtos porject and a school
report for the next couple of months.

Damnit how come everytime I post a reply it gets spawned as a new thread?

"j" <phazxero[at]hotmail[dot]com> wrote:
> I see it's a good thing that I can reconstruct my image, and hopefully more
> people will participate because of this.  When is POVCOMP making the
> official announcement? I would like to get started with it as soon as
> possible since I will be stuck with work, a rtos porject and a school
> report for the next couple of months.

> Damnit how come everytime I post a reply it gets spawned as a new thread?

Because you do not reply to the message but create a new thread!

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde

>I see it's a good thing that I can reconstruct my image, and hopefully more
> people will participate because of this.  When is POVCOMP making the
> official announcement? I would like to get started with it as soon as
> possible since I will be stuck with work, a rtos porject and a school
> report for the next couple of months.

There'll be an official announcement when the various issues due to the
postponement are sorted out (like the resubmitting process and other
things). Meanwhile you can start having a look at your image and see what
you can change.
Thanks for your renewed interest in the competition!

Gilles

--
**********************
http://www.oyonale.com
Thanks, sounds like this postponement is for sure so I am starting to get
working.

About the new thread being created, I believe it has to do with how I
selected "Edit Message" once before I submit. It will be quite obvious,
especially to myself, if I chose to create a new thread rather than post a
reply.

"Gilles Tran" <gitran_nospam_@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> web.417bcf7bb45fa19ea4b29dd90@news.povray.org...
> >I see it's a good thing that I can reconstruct my image, and hopefully more
> > people will participate because of this.  When is POVCOMP making the
> > official announcement? I would like to get started with it as soon as
> > possible since I will be stuck with work, a rtos porject and a school
> > report for the next couple of months.
>
> There'll be an official announcement when the various issues due to the
> postponement are sorted out (like the resubmitting process and other
> things). Meanwhile you can start having a look at your image and see what
> you can change.
> Thanks for your renewed interest in the competition!
>
> Gilles
>

> --
> **********************
> http://www.oyonale.com
> **********************
> - Graphic experiments
> - POV-Ray and Poser computer images
> - Posters
"j" <phazxero[at]hotmail[dot]com> wrote:
> I believe it has to do with how I
> selected "Edit Message" once before I submit.

i noticed the same thing a while ago, i think i even reported this error,
but i'm not sure. if you need to edit a mesage, simply copy/paste the text
to a new mesage and cancel the first.

jaap.
> "j" <phazxero[at]hotmail[dot]com> wrote:
> > I believe it has to do with how I
> > selected "Edit Message" once before I submit.
>
> i noticed the same thing a while ago, i think i even reported this error,
> but i'm not sure. if you need to edit a mesage, simply copy/paste the text
> to a new mesage and cancel the first.

And it also seems to have something to do with browser. I've had this same
problem, but more frequently when posting from work (InternetExplorer) than
from home (Mozilla).

And only with webview, posting from newsreader works everytime.

RG