POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : cutaway_textures fails in difference {} Server Time
28 Mar 2024 09:30:30 EDT (-0400)
  cutaway_textures fails in difference {} (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: cutaway_textures fails in difference {}
Date: 30 Jan 2020 20:45:00
Message: <web.5e3385d55a7390894eec112d0@news.povray.org>
Doing too much real work - no energy to focus on the complicated POV-Ray stuff,
so I was just doing a simple doodle.

I recalled cutaway_textures for what I needed, but when I used it in a
difference with an untextured object, the default gray shows up.

I would up using rgbt 1 for the differenced-away object, but the result is
pretty bad.

Cutaway_textures seems to work fine in the intersection {}, and the result is
MUCH better.

See:
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/message/%3Cweb.5e3385683e47cf574eec112d0%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3Cweb.5e3
385683e47cf574eec112d0%40news.povray.org%3E

Here's the relevant code block:

#declare Bowl =
intersection {
 difference {