POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : hidden plane issue Server Time
28 Mar 2024 04:25:54 EDT (-0400)
  hidden plane issue (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: gnagflow
Subject: hidden plane issue
Date: 25 Jan 2019 06:15:01
Message: <web.5c4aef64f5975424497c656a0@news.povray.org>
Hi,
although hidden behind the red plane, parts of the blue plane can be seen
from the following location.

-------------- cut here ----------------------------
#version 3.7;

global_settings {
  assumed_gamma 1.0
}

camera {
  perspective
  location     -1 * <0, 1, 1/50000>
  direction     1 *  y
  look_at            y
}

light_source
{
    <0, -1, -1>
    color red 1.0  green 1.0  blue 1.0
}

plane { z, 0
  pigment{
    color rgb <1, 0, 0>
  }
}

plane { z, 1
  pigment{
    color rgb <0, 0, 1>
  }
  finish {
    ambient  1
    emission 0
  }
}

The effect was discovered on Linux kernel 4.20.2 with x86_64 GNU/Linux
architecture using POV-Ray 3.7.0.8.unofficial version but can pretty much be
reproduced on any system as far as I can tell. Accept my apologies if the
issue is already known, in which case I would be grateful for any further
hints regarding a remedy.

Regards
Wolfgang

Post a reply to this message