POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : aspect ratio cannot be manually set Server Time
29 Mar 2024 08:49:16 EDT (-0400)
  aspect ratio cannot be manually set (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: jmichae3
Subject: aspect ratio cannot be manually set
Date: 29 Apr 2017 16:15:00
Message: <web.5904f4344fe2aeaf944c3db40@news.povray.org>
I have a dual-monitor setup, once it was a 3-monitor setup.
so I wanted to make desktop wallpaper. I knew width had to be 3x, so I tried it,
and I got vertically squeezed images. so I know the aspect ratio is wrong. it's
/still/ 16:9 despite 3 monitors.  and after looking in the manual, there is no
way to set the aspect ratio manually (would prefer it be in the .ini).

so I looked at panorama shot. those little box cams do that. but the method used
by pov needs to be improved. but I did get my sign finished, for now, and POV is
nice to have.

Post a reply to this message

"jmichae3" <jmi### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> I have a dual-monitor setup, once it was a 3-monitor setup.
> so I wanted to make desktop wallpaper. I knew width had to be 3x, so I tried it,
> and I got vertically squeezed images. so I know the aspect ratio is wrong. it's
> /still/ 16:9 despite 3 monitors.  and after looking in the manual, there is no
> way to set the aspect ratio manually (would prefer it be in the .ini).
>
> so I looked at panorama shot. those little box cams do that. but the method used
> by pov needs to be improved. but I did get my sign finished, for now, and POV is
> nice to have.

I found out you can manually set aspect ratio, with up and right in the camera.

Post a reply to this message