POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : another interior_texture effect Server Time
29 Mar 2024 03:30:14 EDT (-0400)
  another interior_texture effect (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Le Forgeron
Subject: another interior_texture effect
Date: 5 Jun 2016 09:29:36
Message: <57542940@news.povray.org>
The text object is rather strange when interior_texture is used

There is an inversion between the paper and the extrusion side.

It's "interesting", but probably not was intended. Some normal might need to be
flipped

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'lyu.png' (64 KB)

Preview of image 'lyu.png'
lyu.png

Am 05.06.2016 um 15:29 schrieb Le_Forgeron:
> The text object is rather strange when interior_texture is used
>
> There is an inversion between the paper and the extrusion side.

"Paper"?

> It's "interesting", but probably not was intended. Some normal might need to be
flipped

Some code might be helpful to understand what's going on.

Post a reply to this message

> Am 05.06.2016 um 15:29 schrieb Le_Forgeron:
>> The text object is rather strange when interior_texture is used
>>
>> There is an inversion between the paper and the extrusion side.
>
> "Paper"?

the planar side, which might be seen as the paper.

>> It's "interesting", but probably not was intended. Some normal might need to be
flipped

> Some code might be helpful to understand what's going on.

Yes.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'object.inc.txt' (1 KB) Download 'lyu.pov.txt' (7 KB)