POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : blob modelling Server Time
9 Oct 2026 18:11:48 EDT (-0400)
  blob modelling (Message 1 to 21 of 21)  
From: Rodney Byman
Subject: blob modelling
Date: 10 Mar 1999 01:04:32
Message: <36e60b70.0@news.povray.org>
If anyone is interested  in a fully featured BLOB modelling program please
visit
my web site at
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Ridge/6532/bmaster.html


Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: blob modelling - Try this link instead !
Date: 10 Mar 1999 01:37:12
Message: <36E6122E.6850B109@pacbell.net>
Rodney Byman wrote:
> 
> If anyone is interested  in a fully featured BLOB modelling program please
> visit
> my web site at
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Ridge/6532/bmaster.html

The above link didn't work but this one will.
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Ridge/6532/bmaster.htm

Thank you for the offer of this software. There have been many people
waiting a long time for a blob modeling program that will do both
spheres and cylindrical blobs and it looks like a nice piece of work
at that. I look forward to trying it out and I'll let you know what
I think after I get used to working with it.

Thanks,

-- 
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net


Post a reply to this message

From: Ph Gibone
Subject: Re: blob modelling
Date: 10 Mar 1999 03:14:23
Message: <36e629df.0@news.povray.org>
I did : it looks very good, I can't wait trying it,
just one suggestion : could you make a MORAY plugin version (you could get
rid of many things (texture editor for instance !))

Great Work : we needed it !

Philippe


Rodney Byman a écrit dans le message <36e60b70.0@news.povray.org>...
>If anyone is interested  in a fully featured BLOB modelling program please
>visit
>my web site at
>http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Ridge/6532/bmaster.html
>
>
>
>


Post a reply to this message

From: Gail Shaw
Subject: Re: blob modelling
Date: 10 Mar 1999 09:10:45
Message: <36e67d65.0@news.povray.org>
Ph Gibone wrote in message <36e629df.0@news.povray.org>...
>I did : it looks very good, I can't wait trying it,
>just one suggestion : could you make a MORAY plugin version (you could get
>rid of many things (texture editor for instance !))
>
>Great Work : we needed it !
>


Please don't convert it to a moray plug in only. Not all pov users use pov,
and even
those of us who hand code our scenes could use this, I know I do.

Gail
******************************************************************
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza              * ERROR: COFFEE.COM not found  *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/ * Insert cup and press any key *
*******************************************************************
   My Software never has bugs, It just develops random features
*******************************************************************


Post a reply to this message

From: Rudy Velthuis
Subject: Re: blob modelling
Date: 10 Mar 1999 13:03:41
Message: <36e6b3fd.0@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw schrieb in Nachricht <36e67d65.0@news.povray.org>...

>Not all pov users use pov,

Ah, I see. You just do the pixel per pixel calculations by hand, using the
source code as a guideline?

Just kidding, I suppose you meant: "not all pov users use Moray,"

--
Rudy


Post a reply to this message

From: Ph Gibone
Subject: Re: blob modelling
Date: 10 Mar 1999 13:11:57
Message: <36e6b5ed.0@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw a écrit dans le message <36e67d65.0@news.povray.org>...
>
>Ph Gibone wrote in message <36e629df.0@news.povray.org>...
>>I did : it looks very good, I can't wait trying it,
>>just one suggestion : could you make a MORAY plugin version (you could get
>>rid of many things (texture editor for instance !))
>>
>>Great Work : we needed it !
>>
>
>
>Please don't convert it to a moray plug in only. Not all pov users use pov,
>and even
>those of us who hand code our scenes could use this, I know I do.
>
>Gail
>******************************************************************
>* gsh### [at] monotixcoza              * ERROR: COFFEE.COM not found  *
>* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/ * Insert cup and press any key *
>*******************************************************************
>   My Software never has bugs, It just develops random features
>*******************************************************************


I never meant moray plugin *ONLY*, but Moray is a little weak about Blobs...

Philippe


Post a reply to this message

From: Andrew Cocker
Subject: Re: blob modelling
Date: 10 Mar 1999 14:41:38
Message: <36e6caf2.0@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw wrote in message <36e67d65.0@news.povray.org>...
>
<snip>
Not all pov users use pov,...
<snip>

..what do the others use?..<g>

----------
Andy


Post a reply to this message

From: Rick
Subject: Re: blob modelling
Date: 10 Mar 1999 18:34:06
Message: <36e7016e.0@news.povray.org>
>>Not all pov users use pov,
>
>Ah, I see. You just do the pixel per pixel calculations by hand, using the
>source code as a guideline?

Better than basket weaving I suppose, must suggest that to matron, but they
don't allow us pens here, I wonder if crayon would do...??


Post a reply to this message

From: Dearmad
Subject: Re: blob modelling
Date: 10 Mar 1999 23:28:52
Message: <36E7477A.A96DF048@europa.com>
Rodney Byman wrote:
> 
> If anyone is interested  in a fully featured BLOB modelling program please
> visit
> my web site at
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Ridge/6532/bmaster.html

Awesome... I wonder... might you allow plugins or... perhaps you could
add UDO support for MORAY or... send me your output scripting code and
let me write it!  I hunger for this utility but I lack the math skills
to do any *preview* window stuff so any blob modeller I would do would
be worthless.

I'd also slip in Polyray support, but then I'm a freak that way.

just lemme know if begging or kowtowing will help.

-- 
Stuff for POLYRAY, some raytraced images, and
DTA can be found at:
http://www.europa.com/~dearmad


Post a reply to this message

From: Dearmad
Subject: Re: blob modelling
Date: 10 Mar 1999 23:48:34
Message: <36E74C18.B7FB33E8@europa.com>
Or... maybe the .BMF format you'll be using will be open?  I can just
write a tag-end converter for my own purposes.

Thanks for any consideration you give this.


-- 
Stuff for POLYRAY, some raytraced images, and
DTA can be found at:
http://www.europa.com/~dearmad


Post a reply to this message

From: Bob Hughes
Subject: Re: blob modelling
Date: 11 Mar 1999 04:52:29
Message: <36E7921F.33757966@aol.com>
I take it by the version mentioned it is not limited to using just
POV-Ray 3.0* but is fine under 3.1* as well? As long as definitions of
floats, vectors, etc. are not output into the pov or inc file anyway...
or are there? And that isn't any real limitation either.


Rodney Byman wrote:
> 
> If anyone is interested  in a fully featured BLOB modelling program please
> visit
> my web site at
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Ridge/6532/bmaster.html

-- 
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
  http://members.aol.com/inversez/POVring.htm
 mailto:inv### [at] aolcom?PoV


Post a reply to this message

From: Axel Baune
Subject: Re: blob modelling
Date: 11 Mar 1999 09:29:18
Message: <36E7D33B.CFE8B730@neuro.informatik.uni-ulm.de>
Rodney Byman wrote:

> If anyone is interested  in a fully featured BLOB modelling program please
> visit
> my web site at
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Ridge/6532/bmaster.html

Geocities doesn't let me in!!! All links into the suburb Ridge are broken.

Please can anybody help

Thanks in advance
your Axel Baune

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Axel Baune                                            Phone:  +49 731 502 4242
Department of Neural Information Processing             Fax:  +49 731 502 4156
University of Ulm
89069 Ulm                            email: aba### [at] neuroinformatikuni-ulmde
Germany                            URL (privat): http://www.uni-ulm.de/~abaune
------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (2 KB)

From: Marc Schimmler
Subject: Re: blob modelling
Date: 11 Mar 1999 10:08:18
Message: <36E7DC61.FCC0FD68@ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
Axel Baune wrote:
> 
> Rodney Byman wrote:
> 
> > If anyone is interested  in a fully featured BLOB modelling program
> > please
> > visit
> > my web site at
> > http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Ridge/6532/bmaster.html
> 
> Geocities doesn't let me in!!! All links into the suburb Ridge are
> broken.
> 
> Please can anybody help
> 
> Thanks in advance
> your Axel Baune
> 
> --
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Axel Baune                                            Phone:  +49 731 502 4242
> Department of Neural Information Processing             Fax:  +49 731 502 4156
> University of Ulm
> 89069 Ulm                            email: aba### [at] neuroinformatikuni-ulmde
> Germany                            URL (privat): http://www.uni-ulm.de/~abaune
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> 

Just read the other posts carefully (try this link instead! by Ken)!

Instead of .html the correct page has a .htm suffix. That's all!


Marc
-- 
Marc Schimmler


Post a reply to this message

From: Axel Baune
Subject: Re: blob modelling
Date: 11 Mar 1999 10:17:58
Message: <36E7DEA2.77DA6BB9@neuro.informatik.uni-ulm.de>
Marc Schimmler wrote:

> Just read the other posts carefully (try this link instead! by Ken)!
>
> Instead of .html the correct page has a .htm suffix. That's all!
>
> Marc
> --
> Marc Schimmler

No, it"s not all because, the term .../Ridge/.. is the offending term not *.html

Both links don't let me get the file!!!!

yours Axel Baune


--
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Axel Baune                                            Phone:  +49 731 502 4242
Department of Neural Information Processing             Fax:  +49 731 502 4156
University of Ulm
89069 Ulm                            email: aba### [at] neuroinformatikuni-ulmde
Germany                            URL (privat): http://www.uni-ulm.de/~abaune
------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (2 KB)

From: Marc Schimmler
Subject: Re: blob modelling
Date: 11 Mar 1999 10:44:10
Message: <36E7E4C4.ABE4041D@ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
Axel Baune wrote:
> 
> Marc Schimmler wrote:
> 
> > Just read the other posts carefully (try this link instead! by Ken)!
> >
> > Instead of .html the correct page has a .htm suffix. That's all!
> >
> > Marc
> > --
> > Marc Schimmler
> 
> No, it"s not all because, the term .../Ridge/.. is the offending term
> not *.html
> 
> Both links don't let me get the file!!!!
> 
> yours Axel Baune
> 
> 
> --
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Axel Baune                                            Phone:  +49 731 502 4242
> Department of Neural Information Processing             Fax:  +49 731 502 4156
> University of Ulm
> 89069 Ulm                            email: aba### [at] neuroinformatikuni-ulmde
> Germany                            URL (privat): http://www.uni-ulm.de/~abaune
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> 


OK I see your point! I tried the link that worked for me yesterday and I
couldn't get into that part of geocities! I fear you will have to be
patient until geocities returns them.

BTW, there has be a lot of flaming about the usage of html in this
groups. Many of the non-browser news readers would thank you, if you
could switch to text posting. TIA!!

Greetings,

Marc 
-- 
Marc Schimmler


Post a reply to this message

From: Axel Baune
Subject: Re: blob modelling
Date: 11 Mar 1999 10:53:28
Message: <36E7E6F3.A7CA115@neuro.informatik.uni-ulm.de>
Marc Schimmler wrote:

> BTW, there has be a lot of flaming about the usage of html in this
> groups. Many of the non-browser news readers would thank you, if you
> could switch to text posting. TIA!!
>

Hopefully I post in both modi (My browser asks me so!). If my postings are
offending to non-brower readers, because they dont get the text version of the
postings _please_  tell me. I will then change it.

Yours Axel Baune


--
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Axel Baune                                            Phone:  +49 731 502 4242
Department of Neural Information Processing             Fax:  +49 731 502 4156
University of Ulm
89069 Ulm                            email: aba### [at] neuroinformatikuni-ulmde
Germany                            URL (privat): http://www.uni-ulm.de/~abaune
------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (2 KB)

From: Axel Baune
Subject: Re: blob modelling
Date: 11 Mar 1999 11:04:07
Message: <36E7E972.91C337A1@neuro.informatik.uni-ulm.de>
Axel Baune wrote:

>
> Please can anybody help
>

It seems to be online again!!

THanks to all.

Axel Baune

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Axel Baune                                            Phone:  +49 731 502 4242
Department of Neural Information Processing             Fax:  +49 731 502 4156
University of Ulm
89069 Ulm                            email: aba### [at] neuroinformatikuni-ulmde
Germany                            URL (privat): http://www.uni-ulm.de/~abaune
------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Post a reply to this message

From: Cliff Bowman
Subject: Re: blob modelling
Date: 13 Mar 1999 09:46:35
Message: <36e82119.12764099@news.povray.org>
Oh we get the text version with your postings (which is good - we
don't with all) but we do also get the .html version as rubbish at the
end (see below).

Not as irritating as, say, Jeremy Beadle though :)


On Thu, 11 Mar 1999 16:53:24 +0100, Axel Baune
<aba### [at] neuroinformatikuni-ulmde> wrote:

>
>--------------95C8596B2D056D918D9FD13A
>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
>Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
>
>Marc Schimmler wrote:
>
>> BTW, there has be a lot of flaming about the usage of html in this
>> groups. Many of the non-browser news readers would thank you, if you
>> could switch to text posting. TIA!!
>>
>
>Hopefully I post in both modi (My browser asks me so!). If my postings are
>offending to non-brower readers, because they dont get the text version of the
>postings _please_  tell me. I will then change it.
>
>Yours Axel Baune
>
>
>--
>------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Axel Baune                                            Phone:  +49 731 502 4242
>Department of Neural Information Processing             Fax:  +49 731 502 4156
>University of Ulm
>89069 Ulm                            email: aba### [at] neuroinformatikuni-ulmde
>Germany                            URL (privat): http://www.uni-ulm.de/~abaune
>------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>
>--------------95C8596B2D056D918D9FD13A
>Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii
>Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
>
><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
><HTML>
>Marc Schimmler wrote:
><BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>BTW, there has be a lot of flaming about the usage
>of html in this
><BR>groups. Many of the non-browser news readers would thank you, if you
><BR>could switch to text posting. TIA!!
><BR> </BLOCKQUOTE>
>Hopefully I post in both modi (My browser asks me so!). If my postings
>are offending to non-brower readers, because they dont get the text version
>of the postings _please_  tell me. I will then change it.
><P>Yours Axel Baune
><BR> 
><PRE>-- 
>------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Axel
Baune                                           
Phone:  +49 731 502 4242 
>Department of Neural Information
Processing            
Fax:  +49 731 502 4156
>University of
Ulm                                      
>89069
Ulm                           
email: aba### [at] neuroinformatikuni-ulmde
>Germany                           
URL (privat): <A
HREF="http://www.uni-ulm.de/~abaune">http://www.uni-ulm.de/~abaune</A>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------------</PRE>
> </HTML>
>
>--------------95C8596B2D056D918D9FD13A--
>

Cheers,

Cliff Bowman
Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Dimension/7855/
PS change ".duffnet" to ".net" if replying via e-mail


Post a reply to this message

From: Cliff Bowman
Subject: Re: blob modelling
Date: 13 Mar 1999 09:46:37
Message: <36e821a5.12903425@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 11 Mar 1999 17:04:02 +0100, Axel Baune
<aba### [at] neuroinformatikuni-ulmde> wrote:

[snip the text, and just the text]

I hadn't noticed just how much space the html version was taking. The
pure text is definately nicer!


Cheers,

Cliff Bowman
Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Dimension/7855/
PS change ".duffnet" to ".net" if replying via e-mail


Post a reply to this message

From: Rodney Byman
Subject: Re: blob modelling
Date: 21 Mar 1999 00:47:09
Message: <01be735d$add93a80$0b4734d1@rbyman>
Ph Gibone <Ph.### [at] wanadoofr> wrote in article
<36e629df.0@news.povray.org>...
> I did : it looks very good, I can't wait trying it,
> just one suggestion : could you make a MORAY plugin version (you could
get
> rid of many things (texture editor for instance !))
> 
> Great Work : we needed it !
> 
> Philippe
> 
I'm not sure about a moray plugin. I haven't seen the Windows 95 but the
DOS version doesn't support transformed components or components with
individual textures (at least I don't think it does. As far as I know,
which may not be very far, moray can only import Blob Studio files and they
don't support the above). I'm working on exporting raw triangles, POV_Ray
mesh objects,PLG files among other formats

Rodney


Post a reply to this message

From: Mike
Subject: Re: blob modelling
Date: 12 Apr 1999 04:05:22
Message: <371199C4.3838B4A9@aol.com>
NEAR-Ray - what POV-Ray users use when they aren't using POV-Ray.

Andrew Cocker wrote:

> Gail Shaw wrote in message <36e67d65.0@news.povray.org>...
> >
> <snip>
> Not all pov users use pov,...
> <snip>
>
> ..what do the others use?..<g>
>
> ----------
> Andy


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2023 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.