POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sailing ship Balclutha Server Time
6 Oct 2022 14:09:55 EDT (-0400)
  Sailing ship Balclutha (Message 42 to 51 of 58)  
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 7 Messages >>>
From: Ton
Subject: Re: Sailing ship Balclutha
Date: 4 Jul 2022 22:05:00
Message: <web.62c39bc3beadc5eb930438687597fb06@news.povray.org>
I've done the anchors, maneuvered them in place, slowly (they're heavy!), and
I've added the pin rail for the bowsprit.
This concludes the foredeck, now onto the aft.

Cheers
Ton.


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'forum23.jpg' (187 KB)

Preview of image 'forum23.jpg'
forum23.jpg


 

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Sailing ship Balclutha
Date: 5 Jul 2022 02:06:50
Message: <62c3d4fa$1@news.povray.org>
Op 05/07/2022 om 04:02 schreef Ton:
> I've done the anchors, maneuvered them in place, slowly (they're heavy!), and
> I've added the pin rail for the bowsprit.
> This concludes the foredeck, now onto the aft.
> 
> Cheers
> Ton.
> 

Perfect! ...although... how do you drop the anchors /through/ the 
railing? ;-)

-- 
Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Ton
Subject: Re: Sailing ship Balclutha
Date: 5 Jul 2022 02:25:00
Message: <web.62c3d8f1beadc5eb930438687597fb06@news.povray.org>
> Perfect! ...although... how do you drop the anchors /through/ the
> railing? ;-)
>
> --
> Thomas

Well spotted, so early in the morning for you! That part of the railing can be
removed, but I didn't model the hinges. They are very small, and not noticeable
on this scale. At least that's what I thought.... I might put a little thicker
cylinder there, and say that that's the hinge.

Cheers
Ton.


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Sailing ship Balclutha
Date: 5 Jul 2022 02:40:55
Message: <62c3dcf7$1@news.povray.org>
Op 05/07/2022 om 08:23 schreef Ton:
>> Perfect! ...although... how do you drop the anchors /through/ the
>> railing? ;-)
>>
>> --
>> Thomas
> 
> Well spotted, so early in the morning for you! That part of the railing can be
> removed, but I didn't model the hinges. They are very small, and not noticeable
> on this scale. At least that's what I thought.... I might put a little thicker
> cylinder there, and say that that's the hinge.
> 
> Cheers
> Ton.
> 
> 

Not /that/ early (8:38 am local time).

Hinges, yes I guessed so indeed. Maybe show them, just to avoid 
repetitive stupid questions from visiting landlubbers. :-)

-- 
Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Alain Martel
Subject: Re: Sailing ship Balclutha
Date: 5 Jul 2022 13:01:46
Message: <62c46e7a@news.povray.org>
Le 2022-07-04 à 22:02, Ton a écrit :
> I've done the anchors, maneuvered them in place, slowly (they're heavy!), and
> I've added the pin rail for the bowsprit.
> This concludes the foredeck, now onto the aft.
> 
> Cheers
> Ton.
> 

There is an issue here : You need to remove the guard rails to lower the 
anchors.


Post a reply to this message

From: Ton
Subject: Re: Sailing ship Balclutha
Date: 11 Jul 2022 07:15:00
Message: <web.62cc05d9beadc5eb930438687597fb06@news.povray.org>
For all the eagle-eyed povrayers here, I am glad you pointed out the lack of the
anchor chain. Here it is:

Cheers
Ton.


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'forum24.jpg' (179 KB)

Preview of image 'forum24.jpg'
forum24.jpg


 

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Sailing ship Balclutha
Date: 11 Jul 2022 08:11:51
Message: <62cc1387$1@news.povray.org>
Op 11-7-2022 om 13:13 schreef Ton:
> For all the eagle-eyed povrayers here, I am glad you pointed out the lack of the
> anchor chain. Here it is:
> 
> Cheers
> Ton.

Nah...! What's the use of an anchor chain if you cannot drop the anchor 
through the railing? Our eagle-eyes stalled at that point. ;-)

-- 
Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Ton
Subject: Re: Sailing ship Balclutha
Date: 11 Jul 2022 20:40:00
Message: <web.62ccc284beadc5eb930438687597fb06@news.povray.org>
> Nah...! What's the use of an anchor chain if you cannot drop the anchor
> through the railing? Our eagle-eyes stalled at that point. ;-)
>
> --
> Thomas

Makes sense.
Well, I'm on to the aft-deck now, now anchors there.

Cheers
Ton.


Post a reply to this message

From: Ton
Subject: Re: Sailing ship Balclutha
Date: 2 Aug 2022 04:25:00
Message: <web.62e8df3cbeadc5eb930438687597fb06@news.povray.org>
The poop deck is getting crowded:
The rudder is attached, and the steering wheel.

Cheers
Ton.


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'forum25.jpg' (124 KB)

Preview of image 'forum25.jpg'
forum25.jpg


 

From: Ton
Subject: Re: Sailing ship Balclutha
Date: 2 Aug 2022 04:30:00
Message: <web.62e8df7cbeadc5eb930438687597fb06@news.povray.org>
And a close-up of the steering gearbox.


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'forum26.jpg' (300 KB)

Preview of image 'forum26.jpg'
forum26.jpg


 

<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 7 Messages >>>

Copyright 2003-2021 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.