POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 85 Server Time
17 Sep 2021 02:52:52 EDT (-0400)
  85 (Message 1 to 10 of 11)  
Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 1 Messages >>>
From: gibe
Subject: 85
Date: 3 Apr 2021 15:55:00
Message: <web.6068c7ecf56a2729314c7464a53f21@news.povray.org>
After long time I revisited an old image, originally based on the projection of
a shadow.
Sources in p.t.s.

Paolo


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download '85.jpg' (446 KB)

Preview of image '85.jpg'
85.jpg


 

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: 85
Date: 4 Apr 2021 02:11:24
Message: <6069588c$1@news.povray.org>
Op 03/04/2021 om 21:54 schreef gibe:
> After long time I revisited an old image, originally based on the projection of
> a shadow.
> Sources in p.t.s.
> 
> Paolo
> 

Excellent! I like this very much Paolo. The random stone pattern is 
something I want to study in detail. Thanks for sharing.

-- 
Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: MichaelJF
Subject: Re: 85
Date: 4 Apr 2021 11:17:33
Message: <6069d88d$1@news.povray.org>
Am 03.04.2021 um 21:54 schrieb gibe:
> After long time I revisited an old image, originally based on the projection of
> a shadow.
> Sources in p.t.s.
> 
> Paolo
> 
Very nice scene. I would exchange the black to white (outside the 
"pill") to save ink while printing. As Thomas stated, the tesselation is 
very interesting indeed. It reminded me at some filters Genady Obukhov 
has presented 2002 in the p.b.-s.f.. But I cannot find entries older 
than 2009 there at the moment. May be a loss due to the recent crash.

Best regards
Michael


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: 85
Date: 5 Apr 2021 02:19:50
Message: <606aac06$1@news.povray.org>
Op 04/04/2021 om 17:17 schreef MichaelJF:
> Am 03.04.2021 um 21:54 schrieb gibe:
>> After long time I revisited an old image, originally based on the 
>> projection of
>> a shadow.
>> Sources in p.t.s.
>>
>> Paolo
>>
> Very nice scene. I would exchange the black to white (outside the 
> "pill") to save ink while printing. As Thomas stated, the tesselation is 
> very interesting indeed. It reminded me at some filters Genady Obukhov 
> has presented 2002 in the p.b.-s.f.. But I cannot find entries older 
> than 2009 there at the moment. May be a loss due to the recent crash.
> 
> Best regards
> Michael

Do you mean the series of macro filters: Monet, VanGogh, Signac, 
Picasso, Mondrian, Pollock, Lichtenstein, Povray ? I have a copy here. 
If you are interested...

-- 
Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: MichaelJF
Subject: Re: 85
Date: 5 Apr 2021 12:16:14
Message: <606b37ce$1@news.povray.org>
Am 05.04.2021 um 08:19 schrieb Thomas de Groot:
> Op 04/04/2021 om 17:17 schreef MichaelJF:
>> Am 03.04.2021 um 21:54 schrieb gibe:
>>> After long time I revisited an old image, originally based on the 
>>> projection of
>>> a shadow.
>>> Sources in p.t.s.
>>>
>>> Paolo
>>>
>> Very nice scene. I would exchange the black to white (outside the 
>> "pill") to save ink while printing. As Thomas stated, the tesselation 
>> is very interesting indeed. It reminded me at some filters Genady 
>> Obukhov has presented 2002 in the p.b.-s.f.. But I cannot find entries 
>> older than 2009 there at the moment. May be a loss due to the recent 
>> crash.
>>
>> Best regards
>> Michael
> 
> Do you mean the series of macro filters: Monet, VanGogh, Signac, 
> Picasso, Mondrian, Pollock, Lichtenstein, Povray ? I have a copy here. 
> If you are interested...
> 
Yes, I have a copy too, but could not provide a link.
Many thanks and best regards
Michael


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: 85
Date: 6 Apr 2021 07:51:07
Message: <606c4b2b$1@news.povray.org>
Op 5-4-2021 om 18:16 schreef MichaelJF:
> Am 05.04.2021 um 08:19 schrieb Thomas de Groot:
>> Op 04/04/2021 om 17:17 schreef MichaelJF:
>>> Am 03.04.2021 um 21:54 schrieb gibe:
>>>> After long time I revisited an old image, originally based on the 
>>>> projection of
>>>> a shadow.
>>>> Sources in p.t.s.
>>>>
>>>> Paolo
>>>>
>>> Very nice scene. I would exchange the black to white (outside the 
>>> "pill") to save ink while printing. As Thomas stated, the tesselation 
>>> is very interesting indeed. It reminded me at some filters Genady 
>>> Obukhov has presented 2002 in the p.b.-s.f.. But I cannot find 
>>> entries older than 2009 there at the moment. May be a loss due to the 
>>> recent crash.
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>> Michael
>>
>> Do you mean the series of macro filters: Monet, VanGogh, Signac, 
>> Picasso, Mondrian, Pollock, Lichtenstein, Povray ? I have a copy here. 
>> If you are interested...
>>
> Yes, I have a copy too, but could not provide a link.
> Many thanks and best regards
> Michael

I tried to find the link too, as I am missing it from my documentation, 
but to no avail indeed.

-- 
Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: 85
Date: 6 Apr 2021 08:04:43
Message: <606c4e5b$1@news.povray.org>
Op 6-4-2021 om 13:51 schreef Thomas de Groot:
> I tried to find the link too, as I am missing it from my documentation, 
> but to no avail indeed.
> 

...and then I got these :-)

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3C3D979BBC.35766813%40mail.com%3E/?ttop=432529&toff=850

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3C3DAD13F9.46A6D167%40mail.com%3E/?ttop=432529&toff=850

and the final zip:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3C3DB2318C.3A5BF9A8%40mail.com%3E/?ttop=432529&toff=850

I think this is all there is.

-- 
Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Paolo Gibellini
Subject: Re: 85
Date: 7 Apr 2021 08:09:44
Message: <606da108$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote on 04/04/2021 08:11:
> Op 03/04/2021 om 21:54 schreef gibe:
> 
> Excellent! I like this very much Paolo. The random stone pattern is 
> something I want to study in detail. Thanks for sharing.
> 

Thank you, Thomas, I haven't had much time for pov-ing lately, I just 
missed it!

Paolo


Post a reply to this message

From: Paolo Gibellini
Subject: Re: 85
Date: 7 Apr 2021 08:14:11
Message: <606da213$1@news.povray.org>
MichaelJF wrote on 04/04/2021 17:17:

> Very nice scene. I would exchange the black to white (outside the 
> "pill") to save ink while printing. As Thomas stated, the tesselation is 
> very interesting indeed. It reminded me at some filters Genady Obukhov 
> has presented 2002 in the p.b.-s.f.. But I cannot find entries older 
> than 2009 there at the moment. May be a loss due to the recent crash.
> 
> Best regards
> Michael

Mmm... at the moment black is a shadow, but as soon as I have a few time 
I will try to add a real background.

Paolo


Post a reply to this message

From: Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann
Subject: Re: 85
Date: 8 Apr 2021 12:50:36
Message: <606f345c$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

On 04.04.21 17:17, MichaelJF wrote:

> Very nice scene. I would exchange the black to white (outside the 
> "pill") to save ink while printing. As Thomas stated, the tesselation is 
> very interesting indeed. It reminded me at some filters Genady Obukhov 
> has presented 2002 in the p.b.-s.f.. But I cannot find entries older 
> than 2009 there at the moment. May be a loss due to the recent crash.

Which newsreader do you use? If it is Mozilla Thunderbird or something 
related, I would temporarily upload all my local p.b.i. news files since 
1998 so that you can download them from my webspace!

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar


Post a reply to this message

Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 1 Messages >>>

Copyright 2003-2021 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.