For some reason I was inspired to try and model some of the toys I used to play
with when I was younger, and decided to work with "Lincoln Logs" this time. I
was able to find some resources that gave the actual dimensions for the logs and
worked from there to get the other elements.
Nothing terribly new in terms of techniques in this scene. For the floor, I was
trying to make it look like the "Pergo" we have in our living room, so it has a
real-ish looking wood grain, but I added a thin layer of shiny stuff with some
scratches in it as well. The rug is a reuse from an earlier toy room scene and
is made using the Rope_sys macros in a spiral. The bucket uses my paper
generation tools and maps an image of an old set (from France!) onto the
cylinder with some perturbations to make it look like it has been wrinkled a bit
-- Chris R.
Post a reply to this message