"Chris R" <car### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
> "Chris R" <car### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
> > "Chris R" <car### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
> > > I went back and did some more work generalizing the code I use to create brick
> > > walls, and some new code I wrote to create concrete sidewalks. The new code
> > > includes the ability to create American and English spanning layouts for bricks,
> > > but still uses isosurfaces with brick pigment functions.
> > >
> > > The tufts of grass are generated using parts of the makegrass.inc macros from
> > > Gilles Tran.
> > >
> > >
> > > -- Chris R.
> > This time with the image!
> > -- Chris R.
> I made some updates after resolving some issues noted in the "transparent box"
> thread. I have another version where I tried to show tendrils of steam rising
> from the sidewalk, the way a wet sidewalk would look in the heat of the day, but
> they looked more like streaks of rain, which didn't match the fact that the sun
> was out in the rest of the image, so I took them out. I left some media fog
> right on the sidewalk, though.
> -- Chris R.
This media fog effect is really interesting ! And the flower in the middle
really takes on some awesome dramatic composition through its lighting.
(there's still an issue with lack of perceptible finish for the red bricks. and
it's the only issue now. I believe it would help a lot since they take up so
much space in the image)
Post a reply to this message