POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Crackle change? Server Time
17 May 2024 18:39:29 EDT (-0400)
  Crackle change? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Crackle change?
Date: 5 Oct 2011 19:55:00
Message: <web.4e8cedc01e77e1ef78641e0c0@news.povray.org>
The crackle pattern appears to have changed in 3.7.  I haven't found this
documented anywhere.  I ran the following code using different versions and
version settings.  I will post the output in p.b.i.

global_settings { assumed_gamma 1 }

light_source { <-1, 1, -1> * 1000, rgb 1.5 }

plane
{  -z, -5
   pigment { rgb 1 }
   normal { crackle 2 }
}

Incidentally, this test scene ran much faster in 3.7RC3 than in 3.6.2.

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate
Word: 32 bits
Cores: 1, to the best of my knowledge

Post a reply to this message

Am 06.10.2011 01:52, schrieb Cousin Ricky:
> The crackle pattern appears to have changed in 3.7.  I haven't found this
> documented anywhere.

In a sense yes - the crackle pattern has changed. The general properties
of the pattern haven't though, so the description in the docs is still
valid.

There are a few other random-determined patterns that have changed as
well in a similar manner. I can't tell off the top of my head though
which those are.

Post a reply to this message