POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Does quick_color still work? Server Time
17 May 2024 17:48:20 EDT (-0400)
  Does quick_color still work? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Does quick_color still work?
Date: 25 Jul 2011 06:05:01
Message: <web.4e2d3e9c5f553cf585de7b680@news.povray.org>
If I run the following code in 3.6.2, the spheres appear red and blue,
respectively, for +q5 and lower; and they both appear yellow for +q6 and higher.
 This is expected according to the documentation.

However, in 3.7, both spheres appear yellow regardless of the quality settings.

#include "colors.inc"

global_settings { assumed_gamma 1 }

camera
{  location -4 * z
   look_at 0
}

light_source { <-2, 3, -1> * 1000, 1 }

sphere
{  -x, 1
   pigment { color Yellow quick_color Red }
}
sphere
{  x, 1
   pigment { color Yellow quick_color Blue }
}

Post a reply to this message

Le 25/07/2011 11:59, Cousin Ricky nous fit lire :
> If I run the following code in 3.6.2, the spheres appear red and blue,
> respectively, for +q5 and lower; and they both appear yellow for +q6 and higher.
>  This is expected according to the documentation.
>
> However, in 3.7, both spheres appear yellow regardless of the quality settings.

Already reported in fs#166, should be fixed with #5443 (which is post
3.7RC3), will requires testing in due time.