POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : radiosity save_file / load_file (beta .29) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:22:33 EDT (-0400)
  radiosity save_file / load_file (beta .29) (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: clipka
Subject: radiosity save_file / load_file (beta .29)
Date: 6 Dec 2008 07:55:00
Message: <web.493a75135083324b6890bf690@news.povray.org>
Where's the radiosity save_file / load_file gone?

Message window tells me I should use "the" .ini option instead - but it doesn't
tell me how it's called.

I bet it's not simply "save_file", because that would be way too ambiguous.

So a short introduction of how to do radiosity save_file / load_file with the
beta (.29) would be greatly appreciated.

Post a reply to this message

> Where's the radiosity save_file / load_file gone?
>
> Message window tells me I should use "the" .ini option instead - but it
> doesn't
> tell me how it's called.
>
> I bet it's not simply "save_file", because that would be way too
> ambiguous.
>
> So a short introduction of how to do radiosity save_file / load_file with
> the
> beta (.29) would be greatly appreciated.

I am not sure, but I seem to remember that, as radiosity is still in alpha
stage in the beta, the save/read possibility is not implemented. I suggest
you browse through the release notes, I think the early ones.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> > So a short introduction of how to do radiosity save_file / load_file with
> > the beta (.29) would be greatly appreciated.
>
> I am not sure, but I seem to remember that, as radiosity is still in alpha
> stage in the beta, the save/read possibility is not implemented. I suggest
> you browse through the release notes, I think the early ones.
>
> Thomas

Release notes didn't give any clue. I ended up browsing the source code instead,
and found the save_file / load_file code commented-out, with no replacement
anywhere in sight.

Geez, I want the 3.7, and I want the radiosity load/save feature in it! My
fingers itch to do something about it... If only I had the time!