POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta 28 source compiles/runs OK on Linux - Slackware 12.0 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:29:31 EDT (-0400)
  Beta 28 source compiles/runs OK on Linux - Slackware 12.0 (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: geep999
Subject: Beta 28 source compiles/runs OK on Linux - Slackware 12.0
Date: 21 Aug 2008 17:45:00
Message: <web.48ade0e2ab7e3a78c03ef3130@news.povray.org>
Hi,

In case anybody is interested, I have just successfully compiled and rendered an
example (biscuit.pov) using Beta 28 on Linux - Slackware 12.0.

I followed the instructions on http://www.povray.org/beta/source/
"Linux users wishing to build the latest code (beta 28) may like to try using
the above code combined with the non-platform-specific source files..."

This was straightforward with no problems.

Cheers,
Peter

Post a reply to this message

> In case anybody is interested, I have just successfully compiled and rendered an
> example (biscuit.pov) using Beta 28 on Linux - Slackware 12.0.
>
> I followed the instructions on http://www.povray.org/beta/source/
> "Linux users wishing to build the latest code (beta 28) may like to try using
> the above code combined with the non-platform-specific source files..."
>
> This was straightforward with no problems.

Thanks for the report, I'll add this feedback to the website.

-- Chris