POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Crash when running RTR without a camera Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:21:11 EDT (-0400)
  Crash when running RTR without a camera (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: clum
Subject: Crash when running RTR without a camera
Date: 18 Apr 2007 03:05:01
Message: <web.4625c292a93348756132455f0@news.povray.org>
Though I don't have a video camera on my computer, I decided to try out
running the 3.7-beta20b RTR demos. On all of the demos I tried running, it
crashed right away. When I set use_vidcap=0, the render worked fine (albeit
very slowly on my old, single processor machine). I posted a dump file to
the misc binaries newsgroup at
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.misc/thread/%3Cweb.4625bd632e5f1f8d6132455f0%40news.povray.org%3E/
I'm using a single Pentium 4 1.3GHz with 256Mb Ram and Windows XP. It
crashed on both the SSE2 and regular win32 versions.

Post a reply to this message

> Though I don't have a video camera on my computer, I decided to try out
> running the 3.7-beta20b RTR demos. On all of the demos I tried running, it
> crashed right away. When I set use_vidcap=0, the render worked fine (albeit
> very slowly on my old, single processor machine). I posted a dump file to
> the misc binaries newsgroup at

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.misc/thread/%3Cweb.4625bd632e5f1f8d6132455f0%40news.povray.org%3E/
> I'm using a single Pentium 4 1.3GHz with 256Mb Ram and Windows XP. It
> crashed on both the SSE2 and regular win32 versions.

This post from zeroin23 is probably the same error as mine:
http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/thread/%3Cweb.45c2dbd0a891d478b0f5bef80%40news.povray.org%3E/
By the way, if you want to contact me, perhaps with information about how to
send the larger 80Mb dump file, my e-mail address is
clD### [at] userssourceforgenet

Post a reply to this message

clum nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 18-04-2007 05:29:
> "clum" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>> Though I don't have a video camera on my computer, I decided to try out
>> running the 3.7-beta20b RTR demos. On all of the demos I tried running, it
>> crashed right away. When I set use_vidcap=0, the render worked fine (albeit
>> very slowly on my old, single processor machine). I posted a dump file to
>> the misc binaries newsgroup at

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.misc/thread/%3Cweb.4625bd632e5f1f8d6132455f0%40news.povray.org%3E/
>> I'm using a single Pentium 4 1.3GHz with 256Mb Ram and Windows XP. It
>> crashed on both the SSE2 and regular win32 versions.

> This post from zeroin23 is probably the same error as mine:

http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/thread/%3Cweb.45c2dbd0a891d478b0f5bef80%40news.povray.org%3E/
> By the way, if you want to contact me, perhaps with information about how to
> send the larger 80Mb dump file, my e-mail address is
> clD### [at] userssourceforgenet

ZIP it using the highest compression option available. Usualy, dump files can
compress dramaticaly, possibly around 99+% in some cases. Some other format give
even more compression, check what format the other can handle.

--
Alain
Make yourself a better person and know who you are before you try and know

Post a reply to this message

> ZIP it using the highest compression option available. Usualy, dump files can
> compress dramaticaly, possibly around 99+% in some cases. Some other format give
> even more compression, check what format the other can handle.
>
> --
> Alain
> Make yourself a better person and know who you are before you try and know
> someone else and expect them to know you.

Even better: get 7-zip, I get much better results than with zip format. If
you have enough RAM, use Ultra mode (uses over 350MB of RAM but sometimes
it's worth it). 7zip can also create .zip files smaller than WinZip,
keeping them compatible with other tools (unlike WinZip 10 "enhanced
deflate" which creates files only readable from WinZip 10). And it's open
source! :)

http://www.7-zip.org/

Post a reply to this message

Nicolas Alvarez nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/07/09 11:43:
> Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
>> ZIP it using the highest compression option available. Usualy, dump files can
>> compress dramaticaly, possibly around 99+% in some cases. Some other format give
>> even more compression, check what format the other can handle.
>>
>> --
>> Alain
>> Make yourself a better person and know who you are before you try and know
>> someone else and expect them to know you.
>
> Even better: get 7-zip, I get much better results than with zip format. If
> you have enough RAM, use Ultra mode (uses over 350MB of RAM but sometimes
> it's worth it). 7zip can also create .zip files smaller than WinZip,
> keeping them compatible with other tools (unlike WinZip 10 "enhanced
> deflate" which creates files only readable from WinZip 10). And it's open
> source! :)
>
> http://www.7-zip.org/

I une PowerArchiver. Can compress to most formats, and extract from some more.

--
Alain
Sometimes my love of the arcane combines with my askew humor to make me