POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [Beta] Same transmit value, different results... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:31:07 EDT (-0400)
  [Beta] Same transmit value, different results... (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: JYR
Subject: [Beta] Same transmit value, different results...
Date: 21 May 2005 16:05:01
Message: <web.428f943986c60abc6a3607400@news.povray.org>
Hi all!
I tried and re-rendered one of my very first scenes with
3.7.0.beta5a.icl8.win32 and 3.6.1a.icl8.win32.
Results and source file posted in p.b.i.
It displays a semi-transparent dice. When using a transmit value around 0.4,
the dice appears to be more transparent with 3.6.1a than with beta 5a.
Rendered without AA, so this is not an issue. No media in the dice. Doesn't
look like a gamma issue, either. Bumping up max_trace_level didn't change
anything (i didn't really expect it to, though...)

JYR

PS : Athlon XP 2800+, Windows XP home edition.

Post a reply to this message