POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [doc] system specific informations Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:16:59 EDT (-0400)
  [doc] system specific informations (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
Subject: [doc] system specific informations
Date: 10 Jun 2002 05:58:29
Message: <vvt8gu40s3qbo9b760osv2i32k4a2essvq@4ax.com>
POV 3.5 RC 6 Win

Can't find explanation mentioned in both locations below:

5.2.2.4.1  "File Type" says : "See the system specific documentation for
further details on the time units in CSV files."

6.11.6  "Charset" says : "For details about the sys character set option refer
to the platform specific documentation."

I think that chapter "1.1.2  What is POV-Ray for Windows?" is a good place
where system specific additions could be listed. For example in part :

  It contains all the features of POV-Ray itself, plus some others specific to
  Windows, in particular:
    - BMP is used as sys image file format
    - ... is used as sys character set
    - ... is used as time units in CSV files
  All of the other additional features relate to making the program easier to
  use under Windows.

ABX

Post a reply to this message

> Can't find explanation mentioned in both locations below:
>
> 5.2.2.4.1  "File Type" says : "See the system specific documentation for
> further details on the time units in CSV files."
>
> 6.11.6  "Charset" says : "For details about the sys character set option refer
> to the platform specific documentation."

There is nothing missing or wrong here!  Stating the obvious surely doesn't
belong in the documentation.  And if system specific features are not used
or obvious, they surely don't belong into the documentation.

Keep in mind that the documentation is *not* alegal document but for *help*.
If something is not documented that is not a defect.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde

On Mon, 10 Jun 2002 13:34:26 +0200, "Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde>
wrote:
> There is nothing missing or wrong here!  Stating the obvious surely doesn't
> belong in the documentation. And if system specific features are not used
> or obvious, they surely don't belong into the documentation.

I see my mistake. There was 'system specific documentation' not 'platform
chapter'. Sorry.

ABX

Post a reply to this message

>> There is nothing missing or wrong here!  Stating the obvious surely doesn't
>> belong in the documentation. And if system specific features are not used
>> or obvious, they surely don't belong into the documentation.
>
> I see my mistake. There was 'system specific documentation' not 'platform
> chapter'. Sorry.

Except that the second one really still reads "platform specific", which
should be system specific...