POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : cannot copy array with spline Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:27:50 EDT (-0400)
  cannot copy array with spline (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
Subject: cannot copy array with spline
Date: 11 Mar 2002 06:45:52
Message: <tp5p8uoemqon1um6i4j75nc09ho61364su@4ax.com>
POV 3.5 b 12 icl on WinNT Sp 6 PII 233 with 128 MB

I have declared some spline:
  #local MySpline=spline{natural_spline 0 x 1 y 2 z 3 0}
Now I want this spline to be a part of array
  #local A=array[1]{MySpline}
But this refuses to work with error: "Cannot copy identifier"
Supposing parser can be confused about spline I changed this to:
  #local A=array[1]{spline{MySpline}};
And above is parsed ok. But when I try to copy whole array in next step:
  #local B=A;
then again I have parse error: "Cannot copy identifier".
Any confirmation ?

ABX

Post a reply to this message

>   #local MySpline=spline{natural_spline 0 x 1 y 2 z 3 0}
>   #local A=array[1]{MySpline}
> But this refuses to work with error: "Cannot copy identifier"
>
>   #local A=array[1]{spline{MySpline}};
>   #local B=A;
> then again I have parse error: "Cannot copy identifier".

Same here in beta 12 Win98SE Athlon 1G

_____________
Kari Kivisalo

Post a reply to this message

"W?odzimierz ABX Skiba" <abx### [at] babilonorg> wrote in message
> POV 3.5 b 12 icl on WinNT Sp 6 PII 233 with 128 MB
> Supposing parser can be confused about spline I changed this to:
>   #local A=array[1]{spline{MySpline}};
> And above is parsed ok. But when I try to copy whole array in next step:
>   #local B=A;
> then again I have parse error: "Cannot copy identifier".
> Any confirmation ?

same,
but it works as expected this way, however:

#local MySpline=spline{natural_spline 0 x 1 y 2 z 3 0}
  #local A=array[1]{spline{MySpline}};
  #local B=(A[0](0));
//B=<1,0,0>

spline call in #local/#declare only works OK in parentheses, and it seems
that it is not mentioned in docs.

atb,
Gleb

Date: 11 Mar 2002 09:44:53
Message: <o5gp8us2512eejh4m0ido4l3skk4hk373g@4ax.com>
On Mon, 11 Mar 2002 14:32:01 -0000, "Gleb" <gk1### [at] sotonacuk> wrote:
> #local MySpline=spline{natural_spline 0 x 1 y 2 z 3 0}
>  #local A=array[1]{spline{MySpline}};
>  #local B=(A[0](0));
> //B=<1,0,0>

But it is not what I reffered. I want copy array of splines, in example put it
as parameter to macro for some action on splines (not necessary evaluating).

ABX