POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : nested include files error and how to avoid it Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:18:49 EDT (-0400)
  nested include files error and how to avoid it (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
Subject: nested include files error and how to avoid it
Date: 24 Sep 2001 04:46:23
Message: <tlstqtsgocagvejfs6knd6buql6tqo2qn3@4ax.com>
pov 3.5b4 on WinNT4 PII233MHz 128 MB

I think there should be warning in the documentation to not use String
name as  variable name becouse this simple script generate error (and
of course this error is logical)

#include "strings.inc"
#declare String=""
Parse_String("Parse_String(String)")

but there is a way to remove this limitation

just change content of Parse_String to:

#macro Parse_String(String)
    #fopen FOut "parse_string.tmp" write
    #write(FOut,String)
    #fclose FOut
    #undef String
    #include "parse_string.tmp"
#end

I think I also found a bug with string parsing but I must investigate
it little more

ABX