POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : crash with long string Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:18:46 EDT (-0400)
  crash with long string (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
Subject: crash with long string
Date: 12 Mar 2002 08:00:22
Message: <srsr8ukf1049cvd66p948070g48nu34emt@4ax.com>
POV 3.5 b 12 icl on WinNT Sp 6 PII 233 with 128 MB

I have created one-line-script:
  #local S="1";
and it is parsed ok and produce black image. I doubled content of string to:
  #local S="11";
and it is parsed ok and produce black image. I doubled content of string to:
  #local S="1111";
and it is parsed ok and produce black image. I doubled content of string to:
  (I rpeated this step to achive 256 characters in string literal)
and it is parsed ok and produce black image. I doubled content of string to:
  #local S="111111111..." // 512 repetitions of "1"
and behaviour is not stable:
- sometimes parsing stops with parse error: string too long
- sometimes parsing is ok and produce black image
- once I achived violation window - I coudln't close this window - every hit
on OK caused new appearance of this window (it looked like message from code
max but unfortunatelly I didn't noticed its content) - I had to kill it via
task manager.

Experimenting further I can't duplicate this behaviour so I suppose it was
somehow connected with actual history of actions in pov-gui. Anyway I'm
reporting - perhaps somebody can duplicate this.

ABX

Post a reply to this message