POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [Linux] RC3 ignores last ini file line Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:20:55 EDT (-0400)
  [Linux] RC3 ignores last ini file line (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: David Necas (Yeti)
Subject: [Linux] RC3 ignores last ini file line
Date: 8 May 2002 08:44:19
Message: <slrnadi7d3.lug.yeti@monoceros.physics.muni.cz>
Recreating: Create following INI file, w.ini:

  Width=40
  Height=30
  Width=666

run

  $ povray w.ini +Ianyscene.pov

it will render the image 40x30, not 666x30.

Yeti

Post a reply to this message

From: Felix Wiemann
Subject: Re: [Linux] RC3 ignores last ini file line
Date: 8 May 2002 09:51:43
Message: <3cd92d6f@news.povray.org>
David Necas (Yeti wrote:
> Recreating: Create following INI file, w.ini:
>
>   Width=40
>   Height=30
>   Width=666
>
> run
>
>   $ povray w.ini +Ianyscene.pov
>
> it will render the image 40x30, not 666x30.

Are you sure that you have a linefeed at the end of the last line?
--
Felix Wiemann

On Wed, 08 May 2002 15:57:02 +0200, Felix Wiemann <Fel### [at] gmxnet>
wrote:
> Are you sure that you have a linefeed at the end of the last line?

I don't know platform specific chapter but is it required in any place of rest
of documentation ? In particular 5.1.2 chapter ?

ABX

Post a reply to this message

> On Wed, 08 May 2002 15:57:02 +0200, Felix Wiemann
> <Fel### [at] gmxnet> wrote:
>> Are you sure that you have a linefeed at the end of the last line?
>
> I don't know platform specific chapter but is it required in any place
> of rest of documentation ? In particular 5.1.2 chapter ?

No, it doesn't say anything about that, but I think that I've had this
problem in povray.ini, too. A linefeed is AFAIK usually required at the
end of the last line in linux.
--
Felix Wiemann