POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Shellout command line contains trailing \r\n Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:23:13 EDT (-0400)
  Shellout command line contains trailing \r\n (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Tomasz Sowinski
Subject: Shellout command line contains trailing \r\n
Date: 24 Sep 2001 09:10:16
Message: <3baf30b8@news.povray.org>
When Pov 3.5 Beta4/Windows launches another process from Post_Scene_Command,
it appends \r\n to the command line. This causes problems, at least when
invoked program is written in MSVC. MSVC startup code parses command line
and puts the parameters into argc/argv, however, it doesn't strip trailing
\r\n and last argument will contain these additional characters. If it's a
filename, CreateFile or fopen will fail.

This does not depend on the number of empty lines following
Post_Scene_Command.

This doesn't happen at all on PovRay 3.1g and earlier releases.

Regards,
Tomasz Sowinski

Post a reply to this message