POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : What happened to "Use File Browse Template"? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:13:10 EDT (-0400)
  What happened to "Use File Browse Template"? (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Mike Williams
Subject: What happened to "Use File Browse Template"?
Date: 12 Sep 2001 02:49:19
Message: <pOthuCAvlsn7EwI5@econym.demon.co.uk>
I seem to remember that the "use file browse template" used to do what
it says in the docs (1.10.8.2.2.2). That when this option was ticked
there was a custom "Open File" window that let me see far more files
than the Windows standard file selection dialogue box.

With 3.5b1 the option doesn't seem to have any effect, and I always get
the small "open file" window. However, my POV 3.1 now also exhibits the
same effect and always has the small window.

Is my memory faulty? Did this option never do anything? Has something on
my system affected the behaviour of both 3.1 and 3.5?

If it never did anything, then the docs should be modified.

3.5b1, W98se, AMD K6-2 500, 128Mb.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure