POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : New font dialog problem? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:33:02 EDT (-0400)
  New font dialog problem? (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Glen Berry
Subject: New font dialog problem?
Date: 15 Sep 2001 12:51:50
Message: <hoKjOwIHgK2hvJj=eHRNblJtpSXk@4ax.com>
I'm posting an animated GIF in povray.beta-test.binaries that shows
some peculiar behaviour of the POV editor's font selection dialog box.
When you view the animated GIF, you will see about 16 frames, each one
spaced 2 seconds apart.

I started with a screenshot of the dialog box as it appears when it
first opens. In the second frame, I select the uppermost font in the
font list on the left. So far, so good. I then proceed to select
different fonts from the list on the left, proceeding in an orderly
fashion down through the list of fonts to the bottom of the font list.

The bottom font is "Terminal" and after I select this one, the next
frame shows me selecting the "Script" box, and highlighting the
"OEM/DOS" value.

After doing that, I proceed to work my way back up through all the
fonts in the font list. It's at this time you will notice some strange
activity. As I go back up through the font list, you will notice that
none of the fonts are showing anything in the "Font Style" or "Size"
boxes at all.

Why would the sizes disappear like this?

For the record, this whole proceedure, and the resulting animation,
was created without ever hitting the "OK" button. I was merely
browsing through the selection of fonts, without ever actually
selecting one. When I hit the "Cancel" button, and then re-open this
dialog box, the fonts reappear normally, along with all their "Font
Style" and "Size" options intact.

Thanks for reading, and check out the animated GIF in the binaries
group.

Thanks.
Glen