POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Known Bugs - 31 Dec 2001 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:21:12 EDT (-0400)
  Known Bugs - 31 Dec 2001 (Message 26 to 35 of 35)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: Known Bugs - 31 Dec 2001
Date: 3 Jan 2002 10:58:56
Message: <3c347fc0@news.povray.org>
In article <3c347970@news.povray.org> , "Rune" <run### [at] mobilixnetdk>
wrote:

>> The camera could not care less for the objects in the scene.
>
> It could perhaps be a bounding problem. Bounding is reliant on both the
> camera and the objects in the scene and automatic bounding is indeed not
> used when the amount of objects is below a certain number.

True, bounding and buffers (are those used with orthographic cameras? - I
don't remember).  If the problem goes away with buffers off it is probably
that the code assumes a correct camera vector aspect ratio which gets
"damaged" by "angle".  But if the effect is the same with auto bounding and
buffers off, the problem is in the scene.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde