POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [scenes] Beta 10 syntax changes Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:14:02 EDT (-0400)
  [scenes] Beta 10 syntax changes (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Mike Williams
Subject: [scenes] Beta 10 syntax changes
Date: 19 Jan 2002 04:13:29
Message: <joMfFCAyfTS8EwOo@econym.demon.co.uk>
These example scenes fall foul of the syntax changes introduced in
beta 10.

Missing semicolons are now errors rather than warnings

        animations/boing/boing1.pov
        incdemo/woods/woods1.pov

Camera type must now be the first camera parameter

        advanced/cliche/sign.pov
        camera/*.pov
        incdemo/logo.pov
        incdemo/rand_distribution.pov
        textures/pigments/transmitfx.pov

Changed interpretation of camera keywords

        advanced/isocacti.pov
        advanced/icocacti2.pov
        objects/polygon.pov

(The polygon scene still works, but the polygon object is now way off in
the distance instead of dominating the foreground)

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure

Post a reply to this message

> Missing semicolons are now errors rather than warnings
>
>         animations/boing/boing1.pov
>         incdemo/woods/woods1.pov

Confirmed.

> Camera type must now be the first camera parameter
>
>         advanced/cliche/sign.pov
>         camera/*.pov
>         incdemo/logo.pov
>         incdemo/rand_distribution.pov
>         textures/pigments/transmitfx.pov

Confirmed. Simple changing the position of the camera type doesn't
always solve the problem (the images don't look as expected).

> Changed interpretation of camera keywords
>
>         advanced/isocacti.pov

Confirmed. Commenting out the up / right line solves the problem.

>         advanced/icocacti2.pov

I have neither icocacti2 nor isocacti2 found on my hard disk.