POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : check type of variable Server Time
28 Mar 2024 11:26:57 EDT (-0400)
  check type of variable (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: ingo
Subject: check type of variable
Date: 5 Dec 2018 14:39:10
Message: <XnsA9AFD21809B85seed7@news.povray.org>
When I do it wrong POV-Ray always tells me that it for example expects a
string instead of an arry.

Is there a way to check the type of a variable? Is especially interesting
now arrays can hold different types. Also gives the possibility to declare
a single instead of declaring a whole array for a single item, when inost
cases for a macro a single value suffices.

If not, read it as a feature request.
#if (type(Var)=String)
#end

Ingo

Post a reply to this message

> When I do it wrong POV-Ray always tells me that it for example expects a
> string instead of an arry.
>
> Is there a way to check the type of a variable? Is especially interesting
> now arrays can hold different types. Also gives the possibility to declare
> a single instead of declaring a whole array for a single item, when inost
> cases for a macro a single value suffices.
>
> If not, read it as a feature request.
> #if (type(Var)=String)
> #end

MegaPOV had such a feature. Official POV-Ray doesn't.

Post a reply to this message