POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : TTF Files Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:27:28 EDT (-0400)
  TTF Files (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Soulstorm
Subject: TTF Files
Date: 21 Feb 2002 06:57:46
Message: <3c74e0ba@news.povray.org>
This code works in POVRay 3.1
3.5 complains about not being able to open the font file (wingdings.ttf) -
Other standard fonts seem to work. Most of my downloaded TTF files don't
work either, but that's ok - as long as the official Microsoft ttf's work...

can anyone confirm?

I don't use any other include files than colors.inc - so you can test this
code on 3.1 and 3.5.
*-------------------------*

#include "colors.inc"

sky_sphere{

    pigment {
      agate

      color_map{
        [0.0      color Blue]
        [0.5     color Gray75]
        [1        color White]
      }
      scale .35
    }
}

camera {
  location <-.5, 1, -2.5>
  //location <1.2, .7, -3 >
  look_at <1.2, .7, 0>
}

#declare Green_Frame =
merge {
  difference{

        box {
          <0, 0, 0>
          <1, 1, 1>
          scale <2.2, .8, .1>
        }

        box {
          <0, 0, 0>
          <1, 1, 1>
          scale <2, .6, .2>
          translate <.1, .1, -.05>

        }
   }

   box {
     <0, 0, 0>
     <1, 1, 1>
     scale <.1, .6, .2>
     translate <.9, .1, 0>
   }

   text {ttf "arial.ttf" "Go" 1, 0
     pigment { color White }
     finish {specular .25}
     scale .5
     translate <.2, .2, 0>

   }

   text {ttf "arial.ttf" "Mail" 1, 0
     pigment {color Black}
     finish {specular .25}
     scale .5
     translate <1.05, .2, 0>

   }
}

#declare Granite_Block =
box {
  <0,0,0>
  <1,1,1>
  scale <2.4, 1.5, 2.5>
}

#declare Envelope =
  text {ttf "WingDings.ttf" "*" 1, 0
    scale .4
  }

#declare Domain =
  text { ttf "arial.ttf" ".co.za" 1 ,0
   scale .5
  }

object { Granite_Block
  texture {
    pigment {
      granite
      color_map {
        [0.0    color rgb <.1, .1, .45>]
        [0.1   color rgb <.3, .1, .6>]
        [0.3   color rgb <.1, .3, .45>]
        [1      color rgb <.3, .1, .5>]
      }

      scale .8
    }
    finish {specular .25}
  }
}

object { Green_Frame
   texture {
     pigment {
      bozo
      color_map {
        [0.0    color rgb <.3,.6,.3>]
        [0.33   color rgb <.3,.3,.3>]
        [0.66   color rgb <.1, .75, .1>]
        [1      color rgb <.3, .5, .3>]
      }
      turbulence 2
      scale .2
    }
   }
   finish {specular .25}
   scale z*.5
   translate <.1, .6, -.05>
}

object { Envelope
  texture{
    pigment { color White }
  }
  rotate z*30
  translate <.25, .08 ,-.05>
}

object { Domain
  texture {
    pigment {color Black }
  }
  translate <.8, .2, -.05>
}

plane {
  <0, 1, 0>, 0
  pigment {
    color Blue
  }

  normal {
   ripples
   scale .4
   translate <2, 1, 0>
   }

  finish {
    reflection .7
    specular .15
  }
}

height_field {
    tga "basic.tga"
    smooth
    pigment {

      agate

      color_map {
        [0.0   color Brown]
        [0.5   color .3*Green]
        [0.9   color Yellow]
      }

      scale .8

    }
    scale <20, 1, 20>
    translate <-10, -.05, -5>
  }

fog {
  fog_type 2
  distance 5
  fog_offset .2
  fog_alt .6
  color White
  turbulence .5
}

light_source {
  <1.5, 1.5, -3>
  color White
}

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002 13:56:31 +0200, "Soulstorm" <der### [at] gomailcoza>
wrote:
> 3.5 complains about not being able to open the font file (wingdings.ttf) -
> Other standard fonts seem to work.

Are you sure you wrote font name properly ?
There are two standard microsoft fonts
"Webdings.ttf" and "wingding.ttf".

btw: when you post some source to show problem try to make it as short as
possible

ABX

Post a reply to this message