POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Isosurface statistics and f_mesh1 function Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:30:28 EDT (-0400)
  Isosurface statistics and f_mesh1 function (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: R  Suzuki
Subject: Isosurface statistics and f_mesh1 function
Date: 14 Nov 2001 04:31:14
Message: <3bf239e2@news.povray.org>
The Statistics says,
>Ray->Shape Intersection          Tests       Succeeded  Percentage
>Isosurface                      155803           43852     28.15
>Isosurface Bound                223025          155803     69.86

"Isosurface Bound" should be changed to "Isosurface Container".
I used "bounded_by" in the original isosurface patch, but it was
changed to "contained_by".

------------------------------
functions.inc

#declare f_mesh1 = function { internal(40) }
// Parameters: x, y, z
    // Five extra Parameters required:
    // 1. Number of threads per unit in the x direction
    // 2. Number of threads per unit in the z direction

'i_internal.pov': lines 969-971
     function { f_mesh1(x,y,z, 1/8, 1/8, 1/10, 0.01, 1/10) }
          //P0= X frequency
          //P1= Z frequency

The first and second extra parameters are not "Number of
threads per unit" nor "frequency".
Those are "interval of threads" or "distance between neighboring
threads".

R. Suzuki

Post a reply to this message

> The first and second extra parameters are not "Number of
> threads per unit" nor "frequency".
> Those are "interval of threads" or "distance between neighboring
> threads".

This is also wrong in the docs, I'll make the changes.

Thanks,

Ingo

> The first and second extra parameters are not "Number of
> threads per unit" nor "frequency".  Those are "interval of
> threads" or "distance between neighboring threads".

So this should be correct?:

// Five extra Parameters required:
    // 1. Distance between neighboring threads in the x direction
    // 2. Distance between neighboring threads in the z direction

Rune

Post a reply to this message

>     // 1. Distance between neighboring threads in the x direction
>     // 2. Distance between neighboring threads in the z direction

Yes, I think so.
Thanks.

R. Suzuki