POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : A documentation query. Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:17:54 EDT (-0400)
  A documentation query. (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Jamie Davison
Subject: A documentation query.
Date: 6 Sep 2001 16:38:29
Message: <MPG.1601ea079e90c8f89899e3@news.povray.org>
I remember it being discussed that to compile 3.5 you would need a C++
compiler as some parts are now written in C++.  In the docs, specifically
8.3.1.3, the following is stated :

'You will need a C compiler and (optionally) the X include files and
libraries and knowledge of how to use it. '

I know it's massively pedantic, but surely that should state that you
need a C++ compiler etc. etc.

Bye for now,
     Jamie.

Post a reply to this message

> I know it's massively pedantic, but surely that should state that
> you need a C++ compiler etc. etc.

Maybe you should also check the 8.4 section :)

Ingo

> > I know it's massively pedantic, but surely that should state that
> > you need a C++ compiler etc. etc.
> >

> Maybe you should also check the 8.4 section :)

Fair enough... <grin>

Bye for now,
     Jamie.